01 September 2018

Good Luck on Your Quest (Player Song)

Introducing a new player for the 2018 season!

(to Spirit of the West's Home for a Rest)

You'll have to excuse me, I'm not at my best,
I've been gone many years, been distraught since I left,
These so-called vacations will soon be my death,
I'm so sick from my life, I need home for a rest,

We arrived in September and Springfield was hot,
We stayed at the field with Coach John on the Spot,
We only saw glory that we could achieve,
Kept a shine on the cup so long as we believed,

R-
Bridget O'Connor, I hear you're the best,
Here from Hannover, Mass, a nice place, I confess,
But your teammates have told me that you're AES,
5 foot 6 in the net, so good luck on your quest,
(So good luck)

Springfield College, from I-90 east,
In a big old van we strifed to say the least,
We managed to pass through the Birkshire's high peaks,
We were so very close in this New England heat,
R

The Pioneer Valley upon us had come,
At one hundred degrees, beating down was the sun,
With no air conditioning, we couldn't bear,
But as we got to campus I no longer cared,
R

And that was the story of Ricky's first day,
He would sing for the team both at home or away,
So now in this tune for Miss Bridget we sing,
In his mem'ry we join, quality may you bring,
R

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using profane, insulting, and/or, inappropriate language and gestures. They will be removed. All comments will be reviewed before potential publishing. Thank you.